[H-GEN] Debian Packages

Three Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Sat Mar 8 00:25:22 EST 2003

Hi Guys,
      I recently installed debian(today) but have run into a small problem
X-Windows would not work with my video card(Ati Radeon 9k Pro) using ati's
default 4.1 X-Windows driver, so stupidly I decieded i'd go get a driver
myself(bad move) I downloaded the Driver for linux from the ati webpage,
unfortunatly it was in .rpm format, but after much agony I managed to use
Alien to convert it to .deb, now when I try to install my newly created .deb
package I get this error:

Error trying to overwrite /USR/X11r6/lib/libGl.so.1.2(which is also in
package xlibmesa3 apparently) dpkg-deb suproccess paste killed by
signal(broken pipe).

Any ideas as to what I should do guys, im guessing that the file is already
on system so I tryed to get dpkg to force an overwrite, with no success, and
being totally new to debian(and fairly new to linux at all) iv kinda come up
against a brickwall.

any help appreciated, I have searched and the internet does not seem to have
an answer available.

    Joe Skilton