[H-GEN] vnc ports?

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Mon Jun 16 07:52:10 EDT 2003

David wrote:
> Can anyone tell me which ports I need to open in a firewall to allow vnc
> access?

By default VNC uses port 5900 + n, where n is the display number.  So
display :0 is 5900, :1 is 5901 and so on.  I have run VNC over ssh
tunnels at times, quite simple and works pretty well.  Depending on
which compression scheme you use in VNC using compression on the tunnel
may make things better or worse.

Cheers
Michael