[H-GEN] kvm

Harry Phillips harry at tux.com.au
Tue Jun 10 23:35:33 EDT 2003

Tony Bilbrough wrote:

> G'day All,

Hi Tony,

> I have just bought one of those 'yew beaut' kvm switches - brand name
> Laser.
> Harry Phillips seemd quite happy with his, and that was enough for me.

Well I went through several and I don't what the brand is of the one I
got to work. I am lucky in that I am partners with a business that works
solely with Windows. I keep swapping with them until I found the one I
have now.

I had several one would lose the mouse and keyboard completely. I had to
switch to the other PC and back again to have them 'restored'

The one I have now has worked since the day I plugged it in. It has the
one cable from the back of the KVM and on the PC end the mouse and
keyboard pop out out of the end.

I will have a look at it tomorrow and post what the brand is. I will
also ask the guys where they got it.

> But
> When I fire up Linux on a GUI the the mouse becomes unstable [its
> uncontrolled movement reminds me of Steady Eddie]
> I can only get the system to run if I whack an individual mouse on the
> boxen.
> Neither Windows xp or se have this problem. Gauling, truely.

Yeah the others that didn't work in Linux worked fine in Windows for me
as well.

--
Regards,
Harry Phillips