[H-GEN] kvm

Rick Phillips rickp at suntech.net.au
Tue Jun 10 18:58:11 EDT 2003

> When I fire up Linux on a GUI the the mouse becomes unstable [its
> uncontrolled movement reminds me of Steady Eddie]
> I can only get the system to run if I whack an individual
> mouse on the
> boxen.
> Neither Windows xp or se have this problem. Gauling, truely.

If you are using a cheap (Genius) optical mouse you will have this problem
of mouse instability on a kvm switch _even with windows_, especially win
2000.

> I am wondering if there is a software fix for it, given that
> these kvm's
> are electronic devices?
> Or is the solution in a small scrip in the /etc, somewhere?
> The o/s is Xandros v1 with the kde interface.

I have Xandros on a machine here (I am Qld agent for it) and I have had
mouse instability problems, once again with a cheap optical mouse (Genius),
without a kvm switch.

As Xandros is debian (woody) based, it might be a deb issue for which there
is a patch but I have found a re-log fixes it.  I have not had the
instability problems with more expensive mice.

> Great system apart from that. - it even reads and writes to
> ms word! so
> I don't even need the ms boxen any more!

Quite correct - it is a thing of beauty.

Rick Phillips

The Tymling Group
PO Box 97
Cooroy Q 4563

Suncoast Technical - Ph (07) 5442 5423  Fax (07) 5442 6416
rickp at suntech.net.au <mailto:rickp at suntech.net.au>
http://www.suntech.net.au <http://www.suntech.net.au>

** Queensland Agent for Mandrake & Xandros Linux **