[H-GEN] Desktop wars ..... (no not really)

Robert Brockway robert at timetraveller.org
Sat Jul 5 12:59:40 EDT 2003

On Sat, 5 Jul 2003, Greg Black wrote:

> It's "unstable" (whatever that is), since "stable" was lacking
> one or two critical features that were needed for my laptop.

Oh, go for "testing".

Stable is well tested and great for servers or places where
you need rock solid stability.  The apps are old versions though, so may
lack features you want.

Testing is quite good in general but problems can occur (it eventually
evolves into the next stable).  I run this on my home & work desktops at
the moment.  Consider it beta.

Unstable is well, unstable :)  I don't think the Debian project makes too
many promises over the performance/usability of unstable.  Consider it
alpha.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc. email: robert at timetraveller.org  ICQ: 104781119