[H-GEN] scsi drive won't spin up

Tony Nugent tony at linuxworks.com.au
Tue Jan 28 23:57:26 EST 2003

I have a scsi drive here (18Gb seagate barracuda) that I've tried
connecting to an adaptec aha-2940UW controller card (which works
fine, although it does not seem to have a bios on it).  When the
aic7xxx driver tries to initialise the drive, it complains that it
fails to spin up.  (I would try diagnostics on it, but without a
bios on the card I can't easily do this).

Is this drive dead, or can it be resurrected?

I also have another scsi drive (36G quantum atlas 10kII) that gives
errors in the first sector (so the partition table etc can't be
read)... is this one also a lost cause?

Thanks.

Cheers
Tony