[H-GEN] Hardware Upgrade

Jason Rees JasonR at btr.qld.edu.au
Wed Jan 8 17:02:18 EST 2003

> Robert Brockway said:
>
> >> I would also use dump/restore, or rsync, or (in a pinch)
> even tar.  It
>
> > Everyone else has covered the basics of the operation well
> (I've been
>
> Yet nobody has mentioned:

http://mirror.aarnet.edu.au/pub/LDP/HOWTO/mini/Hard-Disk-Upgrade/index.html

Just to try and get this back on the original topic...  I'm going to try
following the HOWTO by installing the original HD in the new machine and
mounting them both after booting from a floppy.  This won't require a
network connection so I shouldn't have to worry about data changing while
I'm copying.  I'll let you all know how I go.

Thanks for all your suggestions, especially about fixing modules after the
upgrade.

Jason