[H-GEN] Free Solaris (was: package management systems.)

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Thu Feb 13 02:04:36 EST 2003

Stuart Longland <stuartl at longlandclan.hopto.org> writes:

> If you wish, I can burn a copy and send it in.  It's 3 CD's Two install
> discs (there's disc 1, I don't know what this is for, and disc 2, boot
> and install disc 2 - real odd) and a Software CD with Java and other
> goodies.

Heh.  That's a kind offer, but I do not think you would like to send
me a CD---it'll cost you at least a couple of bucks of postage.

> My first impression is that it reminded me of SCO OpenServer 5.0.4 which
> we also have here.  My biggest complaint is that I couldn't work out the
> /dev entries, too confusing for me.

I guess this basically touches on the crux of my problem---if I toy
around with Solaris at home for personal use, can I really in all
honesty say to a prospective employer that I have "Solaris
experience"?  (Well, I already say that, but I'd be honest about just
how much I've had, too.)

> --
> | Stuart Longland           stuartl at longlandclan.hopto.org |
> | Brisbane Mesh Node: 719             http://stuartl.cjb.net/ |
> | I haven't lost my mind - it's backed up on a tape somewhere |

Hey!  Great sig.
--
``I may have agreed to something involving a goat.''  -- CJ