[H-GEN] Retro-computing!

Christopher Biggs chris at epipe.com.au
Sun Feb 9 18:07:51 EST 2003

Jason Parker-Burlingham <jasonp at uq.net.au> moved upon the face of the 'Net and spake thusly:

> One of my latest projects is playing with the simh emulator,
> particularly using it to play with a PDP-11, running Unix v7.
> (The relevant files are available as the "simh" and "pdp11-unix-v7"
> Debian packages.)

Unix v7, eh?      Ever used Minix?   Last I heard it was now free.

> I'm just doing this for the hell of it, but I thought it would be
> amusing to see what one of these beasts would have been like. (I
> justify this to myself by thinking "this could go on my resume"
> whenever I feel guilty for wasting the time.)
>
> However.  The disk image provided is just absolutely *tiny*.  10 megs
> is a little skimpy, so I thought I'd like to have a few extra
> "disks"

#include <rants/old_fart.h>

Jeez, I once had a *PC* with a 10MB hard drive.   (Admittedly, I only
ever used it to hold the door open. :-)

Sorry Jason, can't help with the device naming, those neurons got recycled.

--- Christopher Biggs  ---   ePipe Pty Ltd  --- chris at epipe.com.au   ---
The IEEE has monitored this electronic mail message, and asserts that no
energy was created or destroyed during its construction or transmission.