[H-GEN] adsl help

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Fri Feb 7 03:49:48 EST 2003

We have recently re-acquired my brother's adsl modem. The problem is, we're
not sure about how well it was kept by the person who was 'minding' it for
him. Is there anyone living in or near Annerley who would be willing to
test out an Alcatel Speed Touch Home -- the ones that Telstra used to give
out (I have no idea if they still do). We'd be extremely grateful.

We're also curious as to how to get this to go under linux. It appears to
have an ethernet port on the back (marked 10Base T/MDI-X), and another port
that doesn't look like rj45 which is marked ATMF-25. (Go easy on me, I've
only ever done a cable modem setup and that was so easy it was almost a joke.)

Replies about testing the modem should probably go off-list as it's not
really on-topic.

thanks,

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au