[H-GEN] HUMBUG meetings and talks

Clinton Roy croy at dstc.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 01:09:42 EDT 2003

"Kris Amy" <kris at lunadawn.net> writes:

> We just need people power to organise it. I am willing to help out
> on the organising. May even help that I'm a student of UQ.

At the moment Humbug meetings are taking place purely on the good
graces of UQ's ITS group, our relationship with them is very young and
we'd rather not stretch it at this point; in other words, we won't be
asking them for additional rooms any time soon.

I'm certainly interested in expanding the information dispersal side
of Humbug, but I'm also very interested in maintaining the current
hobbyist feel.

For the moment at least (and this will hopefully change sometime in
the future) it's best and simplest if we just hold talks in the
meeting room, all it takes is a little consideration of members to
keep quiet for half an hour.

The real guts of the problem is getting talkers, as I'm sure Ben can
attest to.

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy
Elvin Software Engineer - elvin.dstc.edu.au