[H-GEN] HUMBUG meetings and talks

Trent WADDINGTON s337240 at student.uq.edu.au
Mon Aug 18 05:24:10 EDT 2003

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003, Clinton Roy wrote:

> For the moment at least (and this will hopefully change sometime in
> the future) it's best and simplest if we just hold talks in the
> meeting room, all it takes is a little consideration of members to
> keep quiet for half an hour.
>
> The real guts of the problem is getting talkers, as I'm sure Ben can
> attest to.

I've already brought this up with Raymond but I'll repeat it on the list:

My girlfriend and I were interested in seeing Tobi talk on Saturday.  We
drove for over an hour through those terrible weather conditions and, with
some effort, managed to get there by 6pm, only to discover that he was
already answering questions.  I think this might have something to do with
the lack of speakers.

Trent