[H-GEN] Script for Arson?

Sandra Milne silne at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 24 07:20:26 EDT 2003

At 20:37 24/04/2003 +1000, you wrote:
>Just to expand on that a bit, can someone explain to me why I need to enable
>arson's access(arson is not the only burning program that displays said
>behaviour) to SCSI devices when the Drive is infact an IDE CDRW? Does linux
>treat IDE as SCSI? (please be nice, i'm new to this).

you don't enable it for the program, you enable it for your userid. cdrw is
treated as IDE-SCSI devices. I believe this is how they allowed write
access to the device although my beliefs are not always fact.

Sandra.

silne at optusnet.com.au
"There are 10 types of people in the world -- those that understand binary,
and those that don't."