[H-GEN] IPCop vs Smoothwall

Ewan Edwards Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Wed Sep 11 18:59:47 EDT 2002

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002, Nikolai Lusan wrote to general at lists.humbug.org.au;

> written a couple of years back. I ended up using IPCop for them as it
> had support for it out of the box and meant that I didn't have to screw

I've seen IPCop and gone as far as downloading the ISO with the intention of
trying it out.  I believe IPCop is derived from Smoothwall.  I've been using
Smoothwall at home for my dial-up internet access for over a year and am
reasonably impressed with it overall.

For those of you who have experience with IPCop, I'm interested if you are
prepared to share some of your opinions and impressions of IPCop.  If any of
you have experience with Smoothwall as well, I'd also like to know your
opinion(s) of how they compare.

Thanks in advance for your time and patience.

--
Ewan Edwards BE MIEAust CPEng MCSE
Systems Administrator
Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Telephone: +61 (0) 7 3303 3554
Facsimile: +61 (0) 7 3303 3470

Growing old may be mandatory, but growing up is still optional.

This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in error, please delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.