[H-GEN] Re: Spam Assassin

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Fri Oct 25 15:40:09 EDT 2002

Jason Parker-Burlingham wrote:

| "Michael Anthon" <michael at anthon.net> writes:
|
| > When I resolved my space issue and told fetchmail
| > to wake up and do it's thing there was about 80 messages and ouch did
| > it hurt!!  That was at about 10:00 last night, it was STILL processing
| > email at 7:30 this morning before I went to work and I wasn't able to
| > log in until about 11:00.
|
| More than twelve hours to assassinate and deliver 80 messages?  Did
| you mean to type 800?

Even if it was 800 messages, that would still be almost a minute
per message.  That's so absurd that there must be some other
factor involved.  If it's really 80, we're looking at 10 minutes
per message and that's only possible if there's some serious
problem in the installation (or some other system activity that
is taking almost all the available resources).

Greg