[H-GEN] Configuring Linux for Bigpond

3 Blokes gerbil at bigpond.net.au
Sat Oct 19 19:26:40 EDT 2002

On Fri, 18 Oct 2002 PetJosCam at netscape.net wrote:

> I need to know what sought of authentication Bigpond uses and the domain
> name.  I am presuming that the connection name is Bigpond.

Testra BigCessPool use standard authentication, I cannot remember what its
called, but under mandrake its the default auth.(I think its CHAP, anyone
running mandrake that can back that up for me?) The domain name shouldnt be
necissary, however I believe the setting your looking for may be the
authentication server name and its:
qt-woollongong  (heh, is woollongong with one L?, i can never remember.)

Hope this helps mate, I have been using cesspool under mandrake for nearly
two years without problems, and recently i made the switch to that little
gem called e-smith, with no problems, of course :)

         Joe Skilton