[H-GEN] Single CPU shows up as dual CPU.

James C. McPherson James.McPherson at Sun.COM
Sun Nov 3 23:44:52 EST 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002 14:18:46 +1000 (EST) Robert Brockway <robert at timetraveller.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Ewan Edwards wrote:
> > I think the answer is to do with the hyperthreading - see /proc/cpuinfo below.
> It sounds like the hyperthreading is creating multiple virtual cpus.
> Cute.

It is cute, and linux isn't the only OS to take advantage of it. Solaris (8++)
recognises the p4xeon as two fully functional cpus and schedulesthreads
accordingly.

What are these cpus going for these days?

James C. McPherson
--
Pacrim PTS Engineer            828 Pacific Highway
                               Gordon NSW