[H-GEN] Single CPU shows up as dual CPU.

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Sun Nov 3 23:21:31 EST 2002

David Jericho wrote:

>>I'd reccomend using the UP kernel for a production box.

> I'm curious as to why? I ran around 20 dual processor boxen with the
> factory RH 6.2 smp kernel, and most[0] had uptimes of over a year.

> [0] Some had hardware failures

Sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I meant that for P4 Xeons with
hyperthreading, I'd reccomend the UP kernel for production use.
Hyperthreaded processors can do odd things unless all the relevant
errata are fully applied and some massaging done - soonish, you'll be
able to run up2date and suddenly your machine will be able to take
advantage of hyperthreading.

--
Rob K - Ich mag Chips mit brauner Soße
http://members.optushome.com.au/mammal