[H-GEN] Single CPU shows up as dual CPU.

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Sun Nov 3 22:30:34 EST 2002

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 12:15:47PM +1000, Robert Kearey wrote:

> I'd reccomend using the UP kernel for a production box.

I'm curious as to why? I ran around 20 dual processor boxen with the
factory RH 6.2 smp kernel, and most[0] had uptimes of over a year.

[0] Some had hardware failures

--
David 'Off by one' Jericho
Senior Systems Administrator, Bytecomm Pty Ltd

--
Scanned and found clear of viruses by ENTIREScan.  http://www.entirescan.com/