[H-GEN] starting servers

Anthony Towns aj at azure.humbug.org.au
Fri May 31 00:46:33 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 01:30:04PM +1000, David Jericho wrote:
> I know how the SYSV stuff works, and I still choose to use RedHat's
> /sbin/chkconfig.
> In my mind, saying
> 	/sbin/chkconfig --level 2345 myprogram on

/usr/sbin/update-rc.d myprogram defaults

or /usr/sbin/update-rc.d myprogram defaults <runlevel>

should be the Debian equivalent, fwiw.

If you "apt-get install file-rc", you get to edit /etc/runlevel.conf
rather than fuss with symlinks if you want to do it by hand. update-rc.d
should work in either case.

FWIW, etc.

Cheers,
aj