[H-GEN] remote display of programs

Michael Anthon michael at anthon.net
Thu May 30 07:36:44 EDT 2002

I wasn't sure how to do this.  I had tried before but never had enough time
to follow it through.  After a bit of fiddling I came up with this....

ssh user at host -C -T  -R 6000:127.0.0.1:6000 -N -n -f

which means ssh to host as root, enable compression, don't allocate a tty,
forward remote port 6000 to local port 6000, don't execute a shell on the
remote host, redirect input from /dev/null and fork into the background
after authentication.

Seems to work although I am not sure if all those options are required

Cheers
Michael