[H-GEN] remote display of programs

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at humbug.org.au
Thu May 30 10:30:54 EDT 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Michael Anthon wrote:

> ssh user at host -C -T  -R 6000:127.0.0.1:6000 -N -n -f
> Seems to work although I am not sure if all those options are required

according to trusty 'man ssh' -f implies -n and from what i can see all
the other options are required. -C is your compression, -R is your port
forward, -N is no command execution, -T set no tty. Personally I would
add -c blowfish to reduce the overhead a little, but this going over an
adsl link so I don't think that is a problem (although I use blowfish
even on my internal lan because I have noticed some increased
responsivness with it).

Nikolai