[H-GEN] DNS lookups

Kris Amy kris at lunadawn.net
Thu May 16 23:38:15 EDT 2002

I thought that a resolv.conf should have ip's not hostname's as
nameserver's.

what i believe you want /etc/resolv.conf to look like is as below

============= resolv.conf =============
search telstra.com.au
nameserver 139.130.4.5
nameserver 203.50.0.24
============= resolv.conf =============

i got these 2 ip's from ns1.telstra.net and ns1.telstra.net.au

--

Kris Amy

Brisbane, Australia
+61 411 202 258

Network Administrator,
UCB Australia,

System Administrator,
http://www.sirdurkus.net/
http://www.lunadawn.net/

| The Rythm, The Traxx, The Basement, The Jaxx |