[H-GEN] DNS lookups

Conor Cunningham cunningham at uq.net.au
Thu May 16 10:38:09 EDT 2002

Hello World,

Im currently contracting for telstra and some of my fellow geeks and I
have been setting up our own Linux Redhat 7.3 box. The box is connected
to a massive network consisting mainly of WINNT boxes and servers.

The problem we seem to be having is that all the boxes on the network
can ping the Linux machine via it's hostname, however, the linux box
cannot ping anyone by their hostname but can ping using IP's.

Our resolv.conf file looks something like this:
Search telstra.com.au
DNS 1
DNS2

and route looks something like this.
Dest                   Gateway                    Genmask
Proxy Server            *                            255.255.255.0
127.0.0.1                 *                            255.0.0.0
default                    proxy server            0.0.0.0

If anyone could help me resolve this issue I would be supergrateful!
P.S I can't access this email from work so, if you could send any suggestions to conor.cunningham at team.telstra.com
that would be most excellent.

--
Regards,

Conor Cunningham

Managing Director
Cunningtek Technologies
ABN: 92 097 126 695

cunnigham at uq.net.au
PH: 0411 545 998

DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
4E60 84BD 62A6 5527 F2A7  3F34 1B24 AB4A 25D6 E03B