[H-GEN] New programming languages to learn

David Jericho david.jericho at bytecomm.com.au
Wed May 15 03:04:22 EDT 2002

I normally teach myself programming languages for the sake of learning,
and am busy prodding around inside C++ at the moment.

For something different, I'm looking for a higher level language, for
Unix, that allows me to do a great range of tasks quickly, and not be
broken simply because I forgot to bounds check an input.

String parsing is a must. I HATE standard C string parsing.

The purpose of this post isn't to start a flame war, but instead to find
out what other languages people are using out there, other than the
mainstream Perl/Python/PHP/C/Java clones.

Anyone doing anything interesting that they'd care to share?

--
David Jericho