[H-GEN] It's OK to ask questions

Bruce Campbell bc at humbug.org.au
Tue May 14 08:14:09 EDT 2002

On Tue, 14 May 2002, Robert Brockway wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Greg Black wrote:
>
> > So don't be shy about seeking further information.  People won't
> > think you're an idiot and they will help with the answers.
>
> I back this 100%
>
> Unlike some usergroup lists The Humbug lists have a good culture of not
> putting people down when they ask questions that might seem basic to
> others.  If anyone puts someone down for asking a legitimate question
> we'll be sure to beat them up with a large codfish.

However, the Humbug lists do have specific charters on them, and we would
very much prefer that people stuck to them.

In the case of the Humbug 'General' list, that _does_ mean that messages
with no useful content, such as "I like mutt", "I'm trying a new email
client", "[ Humbug *General* list", "ME TOO", "Yay!!", etc should not be
sent to this list.

Instead, the Humbug 'Chat' list does exist for your non-serious posting
pleasure.  Please do use it.  Its ready for your subscription at:

	majordomo at lists.humbug.org.au

	subscribe chat

--==--
Bruce.