[H-GEN] Best Easy Firewall

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Tue May 7 23:31:43 EDT 2002

Tony Bilbrough wrote:

> I am wondering if E Smith fits this bill. I've not heard any one mention
> it so far

esmith works fine, however ...

> My version [ESmith 4.1] is based on RH with 2.2 kernal, but I think the
> latest version has 2.4

... they're rather tardy with security updates. 4.1 still uses
openssh 1.2, for example - lot's of vital updates just aren't there.
They rely on the firewall to make this a non-issue, but I'd rather not
do so.

--
Rob K - Ich mag Chips mit brauner Soße
http://members.optushome.com.au/mammal