[H-GEN] samba (2.2.3) PDC and win98 client printer problems

Ewan Edwards Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Mon Jul 29 18:39:36 EDT 2002

Tony,

Assuming we're talking NT 4.0 here, there is an installable network service
called "Microsoft TCP/IP Printing" that is supposed to enable "Windows NT to
print to TCP/IP-connected printers or to printers that are physically
attached to UNIX computers".  Not sure about Win2k.

To install this you need the original OS installation media and a copy of the
currently installed service pack.  Then logged in as Administrator, right
click on the Network Neighbourhood icon -> Properties -> Services -> Add ...

When finished installing/rebooting re-install the service pack.

That should give what you're looking for, if I've understood the question
properly.

Good Luck!

Ewan

--
Ewan Edwards BE MIEAust CPEng MCSE
Systems Administrator
Ewan.Edwards at mincom.com
Telephone: +61 (0) 7 3303 3554
Facsimile: +61 (0) 7 3303 3470
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no matter how much it may
differ from mine.
This transmission is for the intended addressee only and is
confidential information.  If you have received this transmission in
error, please delete it and notify the sender.  The contents of this
e-mail are the opinion of the writer only and are not endorsed by the
Mincom Group of companies unless expressly stated otherwise.