[H-GEN] Debian Question

Robert Kearey mammal at optushome.com.au
Wed Jul 3 21:53:01 EDT 2002

Joel Michael wrote:

> As a reasonably long-time Debian user, I've actually found that RHN is
> quite nice.  BTW Rob, we may be calling you some time for an enterprise
> package.  We just need to find the time to do so ;-)

Exccccccelent. World domination continues apace.

> The one thing I'd love for RHN to do is to RPM'ify a lot more widely
> used perl packages and make them available.

Already suggested, and hopefully in the works soon-ish

> Alternatively, a CPAN to
> RPM tool would be equally as handy.

There's a few. In rpm-devel you'll find a utility called cpanflute,
which makes rpms from CPAN tarballs. And rt2 comes with a cpan2rpm util
that actually fetches them via the CPAN shell and build and installs
them for you, building deps as it goes.

> And when do we get a local RHN mirror? :-)

Just ring us for a great price on rhn-proxy!

--
Rob K - Ich mag Chips mit brauner Soße
http://members.optushome.com.au/mammal