[H-GEN] Testing wireless networking at Humbug meeting

David Starkoff dbs at humbug.org.au
Wed Jan 30 03:23:41 EST 2002

At 2002-01-30T17:56+1000, Arjen Lentz wrote:

> Unfortunately I haven't got my new laptop here yet, but I was aiming
> for something more ambitious:

[...]

> Seems like an interesting (and useful!) project.

You're not the first to have this thought.  There is a project known as
Brismesh which has the goals you identified.  (Our esteemed
Vice-President, Robert Brockway posts on both the Brismesh mailing list
and the HUMBUG lists.)

  http://www.brismesh.org/

And for the benefit of the (blissfully) Murdoch-impaired, there was a
puff piece on the front page of the Australian IT section of Tuesday's
_Australian_.

  http://australianit.news.com.au/common/print/0,7208,3671087%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

(Apologies for the long URL -- blame News Corporation.)

David.
--
``You put two things together it goes bang and you try to work out why.''
    -- Alan Cox, on computer science