[H-GEN] smoothwall - dial on demand

Mick Howe mickhowe at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 10 19:07:32 EST 2002

Just installed Smoothwall 0.9.9 se as per the docs and can't get it to dial
on demand.

If I tick the DoD box  in the Dialup | ppp settings I can't dial at all.
After clearing the tick, hitting the 'connect' button on the home page will
start dialling and can surf away on my two w98se boxes

Also having bother with configuring linux (RedHat 7.1) to connect through
smoothwall.

I have set 'name server specification' to the IP of the smoothwall box and
'routing and gateways' to the same IP and enabled routing using Network
Configurator but no joy. the linux box is a duel boot with 98se.

/\/\ick