[H-GEN] DHCP and Telstra

Conor Cunningham cunningham at uq.net.au
Fri Aug 23 11:39:50 EDT 2002

hello,

Going along with what Rob said, Optus use MAC based authentication, as
too does telstra in addition to a user/pass unlike optus.

When placing the modem on another machine, we had to disconnect the
power from the modem to reset it for a couple of minutes, as optus took
the mac of the modem and the NIC and used these for authentication.

Perhaps this may be of assistance.

cheers,

conor

--
Regards,

Conor Cunningham

Managing Director
Cunningtek Technologies
ABN: 92 097 126 695

cunnigham at uq.net.au
PH: 0411 545 998

DIGITAL FINGERPRINT
4E60 84BD 62A6 5527 F2A7  3F34 1B24 AB4A 25D6 E03B