[H-GEN] DHCP and Telstra

Johann Kwiatkowski johann at mail.spot-the-dog.com
Thu Aug 22 22:43:02 EDT 2002

I have two bigpond cable modems, (both using linux - redhat 7.2 - as the gateway machine), one at home and one at my mum's place. I
just checked them, and the one at home is no longer allowing me to ssh in, but I can still ping it. I'm now wondering if I've lost the lease
on it. My mum's cable modem, I can still ssh into it though. My cable modem is located in brisbane, but my mum's is located at
Southport (Gold Coast), so maybe its a locate brisbane thing. I know in both cases the modems are an older style, but not too sure of the
make, I'll check when I get home.

cheers

Johann

--