[H-GEN] ADSL Modems, Router/VPN Modems

James Lever jamver at adams.humbug.org.au
Fri Aug 23 09:49:09 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I'm currently considering trashing my Tel$tra cable and going ADSL with
one of the other providers and have learnt that it's considerably better
to buy your modem/router elsewhere.

So far I've heard of the Dynalink, D-Link, NetGear, Netcomm, Alcatel.

People have also mentioned the SnapGear products, but I don't know if
they do an integrated ADSL modem variety.

What do people know/recommend about these products.

Currently I employ trusty old freebsd as my FW/Gateway/router, however,
I'm considering more and more that an integrated or embedded solution
may well be the G-O.

Can anybody comment about many of these products?

cheers,
James

--
http://home.visac.uq.edu.au/people/jamver/index.html#sigs