[H-GEN] ADSL, Linux and Telstra (was: Re: DHCP and Telstra)

Rick Phillips rickp at universal.net.au
Fri Aug 23 07:37:15 EDT 2002

On Fri, 23 Aug 2002 18:20:59 +1000 Tony Nugent <tony at linuxworks.com.au>
wrote:
[snip]
> Does anyone know if it is possible to get internal PCI ADSL modems?
> I would love to toss this alcatel modem into the rubbish bin where
> it belongs, and use a REAL operating system to directly control
> what's happening on the adsl link...  :)

Yup - have a look at this link to harris technology:
http://www.ht.com.au/Scripts/xworks.exe?PART:C4246#Tof
http://www.dynalink.com.au/products/specs/alh110_specs.htm

Dynalink ALH-110 PCI ADSL Modem

I love the "product requirements" field:

 Product Requirements
- IBM Compatible PC (minimum Pentium 166MHz).
- 32Mb Ram.
- CD-Rom Drive for Driver and Software Installation.
- 20Mb Disk Space.
- Microsoft Windows 95/98/98se/Me/NT4.0 (sp 3 and above)/2000/XP.
 Linux (Kernels 2.2.0, 2.1.12/14, 2.4.2)

knock yourself out!

Frankly, I wouldn't touch Dynalink with a barge pole - just too many
failures over too many years.

We prefer D-Link and they have internal ADSL modems WITH linux drivers.

see
http://www.dlink.com.au/products/broadband/  and
http://www.dlink.com.au/tech/drivers/files/modems/dsl100d.htm

Regards,