[H-GEN] P4 vs Athlon

bob parker bobparker at picknowl.com.au
Tue Apr 30 10:53:18 EDT 2002

Hi All,
over the next few months my son and I will be building a new box with the aim
of being able to write divx stuff in as fast as can be reasonably achieved
with some economy.
He has been as advised by some person who may be something of an expert that:
1. The Athlon is faster than the P4 of the same clock speed for games whereby
the cpu is running to it's maximum capability only for short bursts.
2. When creating divxs the cpu is maxed out for long times. In this case the
Athlon overheats and chokes back to about half clock speed making the P4 the
superior cpu for this application.

Can anyone make some informed comment on the above.

Thanks
Bob Parker