[H-GEN] estranged humbugers.

Raymond Smith zzrasmit at uqconnect.net
Tue Apr 9 20:44:58 EDT 2002

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Robert Brockway wrote:
> Are you sure you can't make it for even a bit, you might like them :)
> They go from 3pm 'til late.  If transport is the issue advise which area
> you live in as alot of people get lifts to meetings.

Speaking as a formerly estranged member -- I was a very irregular attendee
until I became an exec member and had to bring things to meetings -- it is
not always so easy. Saturday is an especially contentious day for family
and other social commitments.

While I was an irregular member I found these lists to be just as
important to my sense of belonging to HUMBUG. Indeed, for a self-conscious
nerd the email put a nice distance between me and the other people of
HUMBUG :-)

So don't worry too much, Sharon, the lists are a big part of club life.

Cheers,

Raymond
---
raymond at humbug.org.au     "Try, or try not. There is no do." -- said during
                          a linux.conf.au 2002 organising committee meeting