[H-GEN] Programing

Brenton Bills fud at mail.theinternet.com.au
Sun Jul 30 21:10:32 EDT 2000

[Paul Said]:
> A lot of people are getting jobs with 6 month courses from Interim, etc,
> so training courses like that could help.

> little experience).  Java is also pretty good as an easy language to
> learn.

I would suggest maybe doing one of the courses that Software Engineering
Australia (www.sea.net.au) on Java runs. AFAIK they run a 6 week
programming course on the language this will give you an idea of, "Is this
for me"? If at the end of the course you do find that you enjoy
programming this will give you a hop onto the uni or tafe trail as they
might take this as an exempt subject. I know QUT & UQ now both base Java
as their first year programming subject.

Thanks,
	Brenton Bills.