[H-GEN] [feyrer at rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de: Pre-Announce: NetBSD progress on Sega's Dreamcast]

James Lever jamver at adams.humbug.org.au
Tue Jul 18 01:24:02 EDT 2000

For those who may be interested.

----- Forwarded message from Hubert Feyrer <feyrer at rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de> -----

Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 18:52:35 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Hubert Feyrer <feyrer at rfhs8012.fh-regensburg.de>
To: netbsd-announce at netbsd.org
Subject: Pre-Announce: NetBSD progress on Sega's Dreamcast

 * Pre-Announce: NetBSD progress on Sega's Dreamcast

The port of the NetBSD operating system to Sega's Dreamcast game
console is reaching a state where it's near to single user mode.
Utilizing the NetBSD/evbsh3 port's simple structure and the fact that
it supports both big and little endian architectures as well as the
general clean design of the NetBSD operating system helped for this
port. Device drivers for the game pad, keyboard etc. are next on the
todo-list of Saitoh Masanobu, who works on this port.

See below for a sample dmesg output,

Please stay tuned for more information!

 - Hubert Feyrer
   The NetBSD Project

Copyright (c) 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000
    The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 1982, 1986, 1989, 1991, 1993
    The Regents of the University of California.  All rights reserved.

NetBSD 1.5_ALPHA (DREAMCAST) #8: Fri Jul 14 01:42:14 JST 2000
    msaitoh at vslock.xxx.yyy:/var/sources/src/sys/arch/evbsh3/compile/DREAMCAST
total memory = 16384 KB
avail memory = 12988 KB
using 230 buffers containing 920 KB of memory
mainbus0 (root)
shb0 at mainbus0
scif0 at shb0 port 0xffe80000-0xffe8000f irq 12
scif0: console
biomask c0000000 netmask c0000000 ttymask e0000000
md0: internal 1440K image area
rn_init: radix functions require max_keylen be set
boot device: <unknown>
root on md0a dumps on md0b
cannot mount root, error = 22
root device (default md0a):

--
NetBSD - because Unix isn't just #include <linux.h>, i386, ILP32, ELF, ...!

----- End forwarded message -----

--
As 'Bruce of Arisia' says I should do; Who I am, what I do, my
various codes:

	http://www.visac.uq.edu.au/people/jamver/index.html#sigs