[H-GEN] Support to change Humbug's constitution

Rob Unsworth rob at unsworth.net
Thu Dec 7 20:13:54 EST 2000

Having just realised that I am not currently a financial member ( I'll fix
that as soon as I can), so I did not respond to Brent's [H-ANNOUNCE]
message.

Any financial member may put forward this proposal as if it were their
own.

The following additions/changes be made to the constitution.

Classes of Membership.

 Section (?) The classes of membership in this club shall be as follows.

 (1) ACTIVE: (a) A member entitled to ...(here you put what they are
                 entitled to)

             (b) An active member may be dropped from active membership
                 for...(cause)

             (c) A member who has been dropped from active membership for
                 less than "x" mths may be reinstated to full active
                 membership upon request, but shall not be entitled to
                 vote on club matters for a period of 3 months. The
                 executive may reinstate imediate voting rights upon
                 sufficient evidence of extenuating circumstances.

 (2) ASSOCIATE (a) Upon payment of the prescribed fee shall have access
                   to club facilities as if they were an active member,
                   but shall not have the right to exercise a vote on club
                   matters.

               (b) Shall have the right to apply for active membership.
                   Upon approval of the application by the Executive,
                   shall be entitled to the privilages of active
                   membership, but shall not be entitled to vote on club
                   matters for a period of three months.

OK, thats about it...needs a tidy up in places eg, Reinstatement could
have its own Sub- Section.

Regards,
Rob Unsworth.