[H-GEN] weird error with telstra cable

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Mon Aug 21 23:42:41 EDT 2000

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Kristy Ferrari wrote:

> I don't currently have access to the /etc/resolv.conf file, due to me being
> at work, but it's set out something similar to this (and yes I've fiddled
> with it that much that I can remember it ... sad I know)

> nameserver 131.181.127.32
> nameserver  131.181.59.48

There's a chance that your resolution is attempting to reach these
nameservers before reaching the BPA ones, and you won't be able to do
that.  If you *really* *must* keep those there, I'd suggest adding a line

authserver 24.192.64.18

to your /etc/bpalogin.conf file and hoping the address doesn't change.

--
bje