[H-GEN] video card problem

Stephen Thorne sjthorne at ozemail.com.au
Thu Aug 3 09:26:44 EDT 2000

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:56:12PM +1000, Michael wrote:
> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and ]
> [ Unix-related topics.  Please observe the list's charter.          ]
>
> Hi everybody, I bought a SIS6326 8mb PCI video card tonight and am having
> problems getting it working.
>
> It displays the colour blue as black, and solid bars under things like
> pine/pico/vi as brown. That and when running X i get small vertical lines
> appearing on the monitor.
>
> The card detects okay on boot and can be found by Xconfigurator.
>
> thoughts anybody? =)

Freaky.

I used an sis6326 (4meg agp) back in '97 with great sucess under linux
(once I found the Suse X server because the driver hadn't yet been integrated
into XFree86 proper), so I doubt its your X server, and if its having trouble
under straight console then I say its defiantely not X thats the trouble.

My guess would actually be video ram, faulty connections or a faulty
chip on the card. Try it in another machine.

(I assume you've ruled out the moniter as a problem)

Steve.