[H-GEN] video card problem

Michael s355827 at student.uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 3 08:56:12 EDT 2000

Hi everybody, I bought a SIS6326 8mb PCI video card tonight and am having
problems getting it working.

It displays the colour blue as black, and solid bars under things like
pine/pico/vi as brown. That and when running X i get small vertical lines
appearing on the monitor.

[root at enigma /root]# cat /proc/pci
PCI devices found:
  Bus  0, device   0, function  0:
    Host bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems Unknown device (rev 0).
      Vendor id=1039. Device id=5517.
      Slow devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
  Bus  0, device   1, function  0:
    ISA bridge: Silicon Integrated Systems 85C503 (rev 1).
      Medium devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
  Bus  0, device   1, function  1:
    IDE interface: Silicon Integrated Systems 85C5513 (rev 8).
      Fast devsel.  Master Capable.  No bursts.
      I/O at 0xe800 [0xe801].
      I/O at 0xe400 [0xe401].
      I/O at 0xe000 [0xe001].
      I/O at 0xd800 [0xd801].
      I/O at 0xd400 [0xd401].
  Bus  0, device  11, function  0:
VGA compatible controller: Silicon Integrated Systems Unknown device
(rev 11).
      Vendor id=1039. Device id=6326.
      Medium devsel.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  No bursts.  Min Gnt=2.
      Prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfb800000 [0xfb800008].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfb7e0000 [0xfb7e0000].
      I/O at 0xd000 [0xd001].
  Bus  0, device  12, function  0:
    Ethernet controller: Realtek 8139 (rev 16).
      Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 11.  Master
Capable.  Latency=64.  Min Gnt=32.Max Lat=64.
      I/O at 0xc800 [0xc801].
      Non-prefetchable 32 bit memory at 0xfb7d0000 [0xfb7d0000].

I am running a slightly older motherboard (SIS5513/SIS5511) made back in
1995. I am using redhat 6.2 and will be upgrading to the newest lot of X
servers at humbug on the weekend.

The card detects okay on boot and can be found by Xconfigurator.

thoughts anybody? =)

--
Michael Ross
Shard                   shard at shadowfire.org
http://shard.cjb.net    irc.shadowfire.org
"How can love ever be called a failure?"
--luminara