[H-GEN] NIS client stuff

Craig Armour c.armour at lingua.arts.uq.edu.au
Wed Oct 27 01:46:51 EDT 1999

[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and
Unix-related topics. ]

Hi,

I'm trying to implement NIS and i'm having some troubles.  I'm trying to
get the client to map a different shell/home directory to that of the
server.  As far as I understand... I should be able to put the following
into the /etc/passwd file of the client

+:*:::::/bin/bash
+:*::::/home/somewher/else:

or similar, although, this doesn't seem to work

any tips.. rtfms etc... would be great

Cheers
Craig
Craig Armour			c.armour at arts.uq.edu.au
System Administrator    	 Joyce Ackroyd Building
Language Lab, University of Queensland   phone 33656916