[H-GEN] Routing

Luke Grant skywalke at webexpress.net.au
Wed May 26 00:48:06 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Luke Grant" <skywalke at webexpress.net.au>)

unless you have real IP's (ie. not private network ones) then what you are
trying to do is quite impossible cause the return packets will not know
where to route to.

for example

you send out a request from 10.0.0.1....you can route it out no probs....

the requested server gets the request.......from 10.0.0.1........and askes
his router
where to send it........and the router sayth......."ummmm....i dunno"

and so you never get any packets back  :(

Luke

Luke Grant
zzlgrant at uq.net.au , skywalke at webexpress.net.au

"You are the Eggman, They are the Eggmen, I am the Walrus"
"Goo goo goo-joob"