[H-GEN] Routing

Marshall, Joshua MarshallJ at switch.aust.com
Wed May 26 00:52:14 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs "Marshall, Joshua" <MarshallJ at switch.aust.com>)

unless you have real IP's (ie. not private network ones) then what you
are
trying to do is quite impossible cause the return packets will not know
where to route to.

That's why there's a router on each private subnet.  I'm going to set
the routing rules so that they both know where the other subnet is.

At the moment this is all working however I need to have IP Masquerading
on the routers for the other machines on the ethernet to communicate
properly.  This gives a false originating IP and has other implications.

Regards,
Josh.