[H-GEN] (no subject)

Steve Elliott steve at virtuozo.com.au
Wed May 5 21:06:38 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Steve Elliott <steve at virtuozo.com.au>)

> If you're interested in learning Linux at home you're probably better off
> getting someone to do this kind of post-install as they can show you what
> they are doing and why.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

Hi Paul,

	I'm reasonably confident that i can install linux - i've been following
the dev articles in a few PC mages - its hardware incompatibility issues
and drivers ( modems, graphics cards, etc ) that concerns me.
	I mean i would hate to get a pc and then find out that i can't install
linux on it due to the cdrom not being supported, or graphics card not
supported :-) Maybe i might attack it from the other end - is there any
information about compatible hardware for redhat et al ? Or does linux
support pretty well everything these days ?
	I work with UNIX ATM, and once all the install and config is done i
should be right - i mean unix is unix - it doesn't matter what the
flavour is.
	Thanks for your kindly response....

--
Regards,                                 \|/
Steve Elliott.                           @ @