[H-GEN] (no subject)

Paul Gearon pag at tams.com.au
Wed May 5 21:22:15 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Paul Gearon <pag at tams.com.au>)

> > Hi folks,
> >         I would like to get contact information for sales
> of pre configured
> > linux/MS based systems in the Brisbane area - can anybody
> steer me in
> > the right direction ?
> >         I currently use SGI systems at work, however do not
> particularly wish
> > to jump on Gates's juggernaut at home.
> >         Thanks in anticipation .....
>
> I don't know of anywhere that sells preconfigured linux systems in
> Brisbane but there are a lot of people around who would configure a
> system for you either free of charge[1] pending any commercial intent
> etc...
>
> it's just a case of asking someone
>

> [1] although a bite to eat and a nice Red wouldn't go astray ;)

If you're interested in learning Linux at home you're probably better off
getting someone to do this kind of post-install as they can show you what
they are doing and why.

Regards,
Paul

Paul Gearon
gearon at computer.org

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane
mittam.
(Translation from latin: "I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I
will fling an enormous rock at your head.")