[H-GEN] MACHINE OR MAYBE PARTS FOR SALE

Frank Brand fbrand at uq.net.au
Thu Mar 25 06:14:04 EST 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Frank Brand <fbrand at uq.net.au>)

Well guys I have a bit of a problem.

I have a computer I want to dispose of but unless someone is looking for
a special configuration it might be better to break it
up for parts (which I hate doing).

The box is running Linux Mandrake 5.3 (full installation on sda about
950 MB leaving about 1 GB on sda and 2 GB on sdb
free).

It is about 3 years old.

Configuration:

Genuine IBM Model 750 Pentium 90 (can be upgraded)
PCI/ISA motherboard (not MCA)
S3 864 Video onboard
Sound card onboard (I think)
1.44 Floppy
Desktop case
IBM Value Point 14" SVGA monitor
IBM Keyboard
MS PS2 mouse
Network card.

Now for the good bits...

2 x 2.1 GB SCSI HDDs (IBM DHFS - if I got my letters right - test a
touch over 9 ms access time)
SCSI CDROM
Adaptec 2940W PCI SCSI card
64 Mb 72 pin RAM (4 x 16 MB sticks)

I reckon the 2 HDDs, the CDROM, SCSI card and Memory are probably worth
about $800-900 on the second hand
market. So $1000 for this machine is probably a reasonable ask.

If you have any interest in this E-MAIL ME PERSONALLY do not clog up the
Humbug list.

If I do not get enuff interest in the full machine I may break it up
(form an orderly que for the good bits). So, maybe if you
might be interested in the bits you could e-mail me and let me know.

--
Frank Brand
E-mail: fbrand at uq.net.au
Home Page: http://www.uq.net.au/~zzfbrand