[H-GEN] SETI at home

Rob Kearey r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au
Mon Jul 26 17:37:16 EDT 1999

(Note reply-to: being general at humbug.org.au vs Rob Kearey <r.kearey at mailbox.uq.edu.au>)

Robert Brockway wrote:

> Well given that seti is doing meaningful data analysis I am not surprised
> :)  _Alot_ of analysis is done on each block.  My k6-233 does a block in
> just under 24 hours.

Well, "meaningful" is arguable - certainly seti at home is tres qoole.

> I did rc5 for quite a while but have changed to seti as it is conducting
> analysis for a specific scientific purpose not just looking for an
> encrypted message.

The rc5 client will shortly be doing other interesting (useful) stuff.
Have a look at http://www.distributed.net/projects.html for more info.

--
Robert Kearey           Network Services
ITS                     University of Queensland